Reporting your pet as missing requires clicking an emergency red button "Tag pet as missing" to initiate the following actions:
- Switch the missing pet’s recreational profile to a missing pet profile
- Display the missing pet’s emergency contacts and trusted locations
- Alert the missing pet’s godparents in the emergency circle via email and SMS
- Display your message to appeal to any potential finder of your missing pet
- Send you a downloadable/printable missing pet poster
Calling the Missing Pet Hotline
Only when any of your pets in your account is reported missing will the toll-free Missing Pet Hotline be accessible to you.
A telephone icon will be persistently visible in your account's
a.) chat widget
b.) header menu
Our VIP Missing Pet Helpdesk Agents will ask for your missing pet's last known location so they can alert all the animal control agencies, foster clinics, and shelters within a reasonable twenty (20) Km radius of that location.
The hotline is only accessible to users with a missing pet because we want to keep our telephone lines open to emergency calls only. This ensures that our VIP Missing Pet Helpdesk Agents can pick up your call or voicemail promptly.
Reversing the missing status of my pet
Reporting your pet as found requires clicking an emergency red button "Tag pet as found" to initiate the following actions:
- Switch back the missing pet’s missing profile to a recreational profile
- Hide the missing pet’s emergency contacts and trusted locations in privacy
- Alert the missing pet’s godparents in the emergency circle via email and SMS that your pet is found.
- Alerted godparents will be sent a link to verify a found pet report.
An unverified found pet report will keep the missing profile of your pet on until all godparents verify that your pet is found.
For pets without a godparent, we do not verify this anymore and this may be prone to the accidental press of a button, especially in times of emergency. That is why we advise that you keep at least one (1) godparent for each pet as it adds a layer of security to your pet's emergency circle.
Please sign in to leave a comment.